Our EXCELLENT ENGINEERS (*official name in Spanish: INGENIEROS EXCELENTES) program, is the result of our in-house philosophy, the company’s driving force since its inception. The program features tactical actions set towards positioning THERRESTRA as the standard name with respects to talent, an essential tool in any company that is prompt, effective and excellent in its attention to detail, in the Caribbean.
The actions we carry out are:
- Framework agreements with the two main universities of the Dominican Republic in the field of Engineering: INTEC and the PUCMM. Said agreement establishes:
- Promote the insertion of the best Engineering students from both universities. These can opt to form part of the THERRESTRA team by way of a part-time contract, thus accessing a series of compelling advantages, such as access o training courses or graduate degree scholarships.
- To develop joint initiatives, such as carrying out the THERRESTRA EXCELLENT ENGINEERING DAY (*official name in Spanish: JORNADAS DE INGENIERÍA EXCELENTE de THERRESTRA), a job fair co-developed and/or sponsored by the Company and the University in joint venture.
- Thorough in-depth development of:
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERS AWARD to the best Senior Engineering Student Thesis Project
- Creation of the THERRESTRA School of Engineering
- Agreement with INTEC and PUCMM to teach extracurricular real-world construction training courses by the THERRESTRA Management Team, headed by Hugo Pérez Ovalles.
- EXCELLENT ENGINEERS Budget to complement their training, or graduate degree scholarship programs to all collaborators already in the THERRESTRA Talent Roster.
- Access to THERRESTRA ALUMNI, a community framed within the same core values practiced by the company: Talent, Flexibility and Trust, aimed to former and current company collaborators, as well as other parties. This community will be formalized through a website that will share recommendations, success stories and statements from the Therrestra public. The community will also be accessed by students that choose to enroll in the EXCELLENT ENGINEERS Program.